Work with us recruitment
“Hydro Tec is the result of the different experiences that the people who work in it have had.”
"Engineers, architects and designers make the studio a place where naval architecture and design make our work virtuous and creative. Necessary features that allow us to adapt to the needs expressed by the client, making the best choices in terms of materials, construction techniques and style, leaving the interior designer as wide a space to manoeuvre as possible.In our work, the desire to create, passion and experience count, yachting is still a small world in which the desire to create and passion are the engines of the profession."
If you are interested in careers at Hydro Tec please send your CV at email@example.com or fill out the form below.
• knowledge of 2D ship design rules/conventions, welding, etc;
• knowledge of ship design;
• familiarity with structural dimensioning via classification registers;
• ability to independently produce classical naval structural documents for approval such as main section, shell expansion, iron plan etc., weight estimation but also drawings of complex structures;
• knowledge of 3D modelling;
• knowledge of written and spoken English, minimum level C1;
• ability to handle assigned work independently;
• ability to work in a team;
• willingness to undertake short assignments in Italy or abroad.
Given the dynamic nature of the environment, flexibility and the ability to adapt to the needs of the office are required.
The search is addressed to master graduates with at least three years of experience working in technical design offices or shipyards.
1. has a master’s degree in naval engineering.
2. is able to express himself/herself in English fluently, both in writing and verbally.
3. is comfortable in at least two of the following activities:
• independent implementation of structural dimensioning checks according to class regulations;
• power forecasts; propeller design • stability checks with dedicated programmes;
• functional design of installations; • application of class and flag regulations;
• use of 2D/3D CAD.
After a period of shadowing within the studio, you will be expected to manage one of the disciplines listed above with increasing autonomy, and with the task of directing the studio’s junior designers and any external resources.
An aptitude for multidisciplinary work is a highly appreciated character trait.
The design activities carried out in the studio concern all naval disciplines (structural design and dimensioning; ship statics and dynamics; plant design; passive safety and definition of safety plans).
The search is aimed at recent graduates; the following lines outline an ideal candidate profile:
• holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree in naval engineering;
• is able to hold a telephone conversation about professional activities in English;
• is familiar with the use of 2D/3D CAD;
• is highly interested in acquiring autonomy in the technical design of yachts, taking care of all aspects of the project;
• has good interpersonal skills;
• is motivated to settle in the southern Piedmont region.
Inclusion in the company will involve continuous training with experienced designers.
On the basis of personal aptitudes and company requirements, the disciplinary sector to which the new employee will be assigned will be identified so that he/she can develop progressive operational autonomy.
To work with Hydro tec please complete the “form” below and attach your CV.